Sunday, November 28, 2010

Enter Gpsphone Cheats With Ifile

: History of a gift, making a box with pink lilies

Since Mar. 25 was the birthday of a dear friend of my wife and myself, I decided to make a gift that was both unique and personal. A couple of weeks before the birthday, we found that the flower most I love the lilies, and things, the following day, Sunday, my wife bought two buttons at the supermarket lilium, that night I started shooting pictures, for a sequence of flower development.

First they show the footage selected from each of the sessions (Sunday to Wednesday), then I will explain how the photos were made at both the production of the final picture.

can click on each photo to see larger.

That first night one of the buttons and had begun to open, while the other was completely closed:

picture of the first session chosen

After the second day, the first button was already fully open, while the latter still remained closed:

selected picture of the second session day.

the fourth day, Wednesday, and both flowers were in full splendor again did a session and then choose the one that loved me most:

The selected for the fourth session.

And, to complete a quartet, I chose a shot of the detail of the stamens of a flower, taken during Tuesday's session:

Selected with the details of the stamens.

Procedure:

I decided to put a background of black cloth for the colors of the flowers and leaves stand out enough, because the fabric I had on hand was not black velvet ( the ideal material for these cases), I had to remove the flowers, and put a meter off the bottom, so that this does not reflect the lighting flashes so you can darken then "absolute black."

focal length of 150 mm was chosen to compress the space, and the opening was f 22, in this way the depth of field could be kept under control because when there is a lot of flowers relatively large distance between front petals and stamens, and even more petals behind.

power was set flashes with the help of a photometer Sekonik L-358 Flash Master , so that at a speed of 1 / 125 s allow me an aperture of f 22 (were the maximum!) without lighting Environmental contribute anything.

The camera, an Olympus E-30 mounted on a Manfrotto tripod, put in manual mode with manual focus also, and the color space to Adobe RGB (the other is the Standard RGB or sRGB ) to obtain a greater number of colors.

In order to ensure the fidelity of color under the lighting conditions to be used, it was all shot in RAW (not JPG), and used the first takes a card Color Checker X-Rite:

Color Checker

entire procedure was performed to create a profile for the camera, so that the colors were reproduced as closely as technically possible, this procedure is far more competitive than just the white balance.

Worked each RAW files in Adobe Photoshop CS4, using the profile created with the Color Checker card for that specific camera, under these specific lighting conditions.

So far the procedure is proper lighting, lens choice, depth control field, color fidelity, subject position, point of view of the camera, composition etc..

But ... as is done for this color can be viewed properly on a monitor? ... Well, first of all have to have a halfway decent monitor, I have a LG 24 "Full HD (1,920 x 1,080 pixels), but more important is to calibrate correctly photocolorimeter monitor, so that the best play so the colors obtained by the camera.

I have the cheapest of all, a Pantone Huey, but it is always better than none; well, the colors that the monitor calibration and presents me are as close as possible to reality, so I can know for sure if the background is completely black and still see the texture of the fabric, whether the colors flowers look natural, if the color temperature is not tacking to the tone too cold or too warm, if general lighting is correct, etc.

To compose the final product, I used Adobe Illustrator, where you create a document of 90 cm x 30 cm and distributed the photos, leaving a 4-cm white frame around the photos:

final product ready to go to print.

Once assembled the final table, with the help of guides Illustrator, exported on file in JPG format, 300 dpi, the highest possible quality (the file came out huge, 77 MB .)

I chose that size because I know Procolor has it and is big enough for the flowers to shine, and obviously prompted to load the Adobe RGB profile, and thus get juice, in terms of color, the print file.

Once printed the huge photograph (in print delayed about 30 minutes), I was happy with the result until we had to decide on the framework ... I started recognizing my limitations in the expert hands of Art Caprice, and my wife ... at the end of the gift and was really spectacular framed.

I hope this gives you an idea of \u200b\u200bhow it is done (or at least one way to do it).

So sigiente post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment