Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Unsubscribing From Wordpress Blogs

like painting a picture with pastels. PAINTINGS

In this post I'll explain how to paint a pastel portrait from start to final outcome. Hope you like it.



pastel technique has the disadvantage that the materials used (pencils and chalk) are difficult to conservation (arising quickly). Therefore, the paint must be executed within a short period of time.


The surface must be card specific roughness and fix the powder to the paper.
often the most difficult is not painting, is to find a motive that inspires the artist.

In my case this is my big workhorse. All work carries the capture something of yourself in the work, so the reason must be attractive to paint it.


Once chosen this we'll get to work.
If an object is real, good light is essential, because they will be the shadows that will give the illusion of depth to the work. Without them reflected is flat and lifeless.


If instead is a picture, because we have to take a little imagination, to give these tones and perspectives that we can not appreciate.
Here is a photograph of a friend's granddaughter mine who asked me to do a portrait. The commission was accepted with reservations, not knowing the result you could get, but she is so cute that I could not deny.

First

pencil sketch the outline of the figure. By this I assure you have the correct proportions and not be deformed or end figure going outside the cardboard or fall short.


run then what, in the case of a portrait is the face. Course is fundamental. If the facial expression does not work, strike everything else.

First I outline the eyes, mouth and nose, especially the eyes, that's what going to give expression to the individual. The alignment of these pupils is essential and should be well centered. Once done
analyze the picture. Have to wander a bit to see properly, and if you have someone around to give you a better opinion. Two heads are better than one.



then fill the flesh tones, which are the fleshy body parts are light, in this case the face, neck and arms.

For this part use different colors on each other. The bar applied to the cake, later stumping with fingers to achieve the desired skin tone.


For the eye area, eyebrows, teeth, l ABIOS and other hard parts, I use pastel pencils specific. Once

profiled face and filled the flesh tones, start with the dress.

staining cheerfully undertake the work area, in this case with blue shades. I extend the fingers. The fingers are essential for me. I think it was for this reason that I chose this type of painting. The touch of my hands with paint and paper, makes me more about the work I do.

Once done, I start to fix the lights. Where there is more clear, white or gray tones applied, and where there are folds of clothes, wear dark blue or black. This logically result in the sense of volume in Fig.

A part of the face, one of the most complicated to make is the hands. With pastels is not easy to outline the fingers and the shadows of the interdigital spaces, so leave it to the final floor.

If the picture above is not too good because I already imaginareis.


Although I painted just four years is still hallucinating and will bloom the box slowly and strikes me as I have been able to do all these pictures, without any experience.

Once the box is well outlined, are the alterations, is when it begins the struggle of trying to be the best, and the truth which is sometimes exhausting. Almost never completely satisfied.

The cake has the advantage that until you apply the fixative can eliminate some of the paint and repaint.

Of course, all this has a limit, and there comes a time that the card does not support more paint.

The latter is the background shading. In this case I apply several shades of blue to highlight the figure and give it more light.


is amazing how many times a shadow or a line that is added may vary both in the outcome. So you always want to add the detail that always seem to lack.


A painting is like life, there are many the details that make a whole .


HERE IS THE FINAL RESULT. I HOPE YOU LIKE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment